Scaler Academy Changed My Life In The Best Possible Way: Review by Suraj Kumar Awasthi

Presenting the journey of our Scaler Suraj Kumar Awasthi in his exact words:

"From spending 3 years in a service-based company to now cracking all 4 product-based company interviews, my journey with Scaler Academy has been anything but Ordinary.

I barely managed to get admission in an engineering college, joining as part of its second batch in 2011. With no infrastructure, no proper labs, and on top no campus placements. I started facing self-esteem issues.

But all I aspired to know was some thing related to computers. There is no other way to put it. I realized that my education is still not complete, and I decided to appear for GATE , even after preparing for 1 year, couldn’t make into a big one and somehow got a private college in Pune, but all it could do for me was land me a job in a service-based company.

Initially, I got into a non-development profile. I worked on myself recklessly and luckily, I got my first development project. But I knew I wasn’t in the right place. I was not happy there. Continuous failure and the kind of work bought my self-esteem at an all-time low.

“I decided I have run Enough. Here is when I came across Scaler Academy”.

Scalar (IB) was my first encounter where I got to know about problem-solving, data structure and code optimization, before that I was more into learning framework, language-specific constructs and grammar. Do you know how in school having one thing to look forward to makes even 9 am classes worth it? Scaler was that guiding hand for me. I did not want to succumb to anything less than the best this time.

Desperate to make things right this time, I solved more than 600+ questions on Interview bit and other sites in the past months. One incident that boosted my confidence was when in a mock interview interaction, my mentor asked me a problem which I was able to solve properly. Later, I found out that the same problem was asked in a google interview. For the first time, I felt I am in the right direction. I was always in pursuit of a helping hand, a guiding mentor and I found it in Scaler Academy.

From very little exposure of data structures, competitive programming and problem solving to clearing hiring contests and getting shortlisted to all 4 product based company in the past 3 months, In last one year the count is even higher, I don’t remember any interview where i have struggled; can feel the difference in my approaches, my competence and above everything-My Confidence.

But when everything started looking fine, COVID -19 made its entry. My joining dates got shifted from 2 weeks to 2 months. From having multiple offers to about to be jobless? Should I reconsider my resignation?

The decision to sail out was risky. The next possible island was 24 nights from my last working day in my previous company. I made up my mind to sail out. And once again Scalar played a vital role there. They approached one of the companies and I got my joining date.

Original Source: Medium

"I was always in pursuit of a helping hand, a guiding mentor, and I found it in Scaler Academy."
Saying thanks will not do justice to the Scaler Academy Team and the kind of work they are doing, you changed my life in the best possible way. If there is one thing you can take from my journey is this: “Team Scaler is there every minute to help and guide you. I can vouch for their reliability.

I think scaler is a mission and sooner or later people will realize the kind of work done by them.

I AM A PROUD SCALER!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I credit Scaler Academy for where I am at today: Review by Software Engineer at Google

Introduction to Pointers in C

Scaler Academy Curriculum